Instrument of Governance
INSTRUMENT OF GOVERNMENT OF VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED SCHOOLS
MADE BY DORSET COUNCIL
UNDER SCHOOL GOVERNANCE (CONSTITUTION) (ENGLAND) REGULATIONS 2012
- The name of the school is Cerne Abbas Church of England Voluntary Controlled First School
- The school is a voluntary controlled school.
- The name of the governing body is “The governing body of Cerne Abbas Church of England Voluntary Controlled First School”
- The governing body shall consist of:
- 2 parent governors
- 1 Local authority governor
- 1 Headteacher
- 1 staff governor
- 3 foundation governors
- 5 co-opted governors
- Total number of governors 13
- Foundation governors are appointed by the Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education in consultation with the Parochial Church Council of Cerne Abbas.
- (a) The holder of the following office shall be a foundation governor ex officio
the principal officiating minister in the parish of Cerne Abbas
(b) The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the school is situated shall be entitled to appoint a foundation governor to act in the place of the ex-officio foundation governor whose governorship derives from the office named in (a) above, in the event that the ex-officio foundation governor is unable or unwilling to act as a foundation governor, or has been removed from office under regulation 24(2) of the Constitution Regulations.
- The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the school is situated is entitled to request the removal of any ex-officio foundation governor and to appoint any substitute governor.
- The school has an educational trust.
- Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
11. This instrument of government comes into effect on 9 September 2021
12. This instrument was made by order of Dorset Local Education Authority
THE COMMON SEAL of the
was affixed hereto in the
A positive, purposeful and enthusiastic atmosphere