Cerne Abbas CE VC First School Council
We want to make the school a better place to learn and make sure that all children feel safe and happy. We want to give every child in our school a voice and listen to their ideas. We want our school to be a friendly place where children try their best and follow all our values.
We are a family and we love learning together.
Our School Council
We have a very active School Council at Cerne Abbas CE VC First School.
School Councillors are elected by their class peers once a year. There are two representatives from each year group from year 1 up to year 4 inclusive, as well as a chairperson and vice chair.
The School Council meet at least once per fortnight and their main purposes are:
- to enable all children in the school to have a voice and to be listened to and taken seriously;
- to improve all aspects of life at Cerne Abbas CE VC First School for all members of the school community;
- to help children understand that good citizenship requires active participation from all members of the community. This is a lesson for life, not just for school!
School Council Achievements
Over the past few years, the School Council has:
- helped to design brand new Christian living values for the school and helped to design a new vision for the school;
- replaced ageing play trail climbing equipment and resources in our school peace garden;
- made numerous decisions about fund raising for a range of worthwhile causes in the UK and around the world, in particular our school linked charity Heart Response;
- inspired children in the school to support and donate shoebox Christmas presents to send to children in Romania through the charity Heart Response.
- improved the number and range of extra-curricular clubs on offer to pupils at the school.
Meetings of the School Council take place fortnightly.
A positive, purposeful and enthusiastic atmosphere