Coronavirus Disease - Our School's Response.
Our School’s Response to Coronavirus
- Our school is open to Key Worker children and vulnerable children. Staff look after them on a rota basis to minimise any spread of infection.
- Procedures are in place for children entering moving and conducting themselves around the school (please see the Risk Assessment).
- An addendum has been added to our Safeguarding policy concerning the monitoring of the welfare of our children and concerning on-line learning for the temporary new schooling arrangements (see policy on the web-site.)
- A DSL is on-site at all times.
- Children eligible for free school meals are catered for through local vouchers and Edenred.
- Pupils continue learning through on-line learning platforms particular to each class (currently Tapestry, Google Classroom and Class Dojo). Children’s learning is celebrated through the school’s ‘Stay at Home, Stay in Touch’ Facebook page.
- Contact is maintained with parents through emails, phone calls and the on-line learning platforms.
- Staff, Governor and other meetings continue to take place and decisions made via virtual on-line meetings.
- Staff welfare is closely monitored through regular contact.
- Regular advice is given and made available to parents with regards to their children.
- If necessary staff will shield in line with government guidelines.
Please see next extract form the Chair of Governors Barbara Southcott.
A positive, purposeful and enthusiastic atmosphere