Week 2 - Counting, Coasts and Chess
Week 2 - Counting, Coasts and Chess :)
Hope everybody has settled into school again and is looking forward to the learning ahead.
Here is a run down of the learning in Abbey Class this week:
- In maths, we have been counting and understanding the core concepts of place value
- We have been learning about verbs and adverbs in English
- Started off our topic understanding the difference between physical and human geography
- In Science, we looked at the layers of the Earth
- Reading Roald Dahl's book 'The Giraffe, the Pelly and me'
- Concentrating on our sitting position and writing grip in handwriting
And much, much more! Ask the children if you want more information :)
- A letter is going out Friday about our trip to Lulworth Cove as part of our learning for our topic.
- Draughts/Chess club is on a Thursday lunchtime is you are interested
- Check the parent letter for more important dates
Have a good weekend,
A positive, purposeful and enthusiastic atmosphere