Week 3 - Book fair, Favourite Singers and Pants!
Week 3's learning!
Here is what Abbey Class have been learning during Week 3 of Summer 2
- On Wednesday, the children had a talk about 'PANTS'. The children had a special assembly all to do keeping safe from harm.
The song, 'Pantosauras', also helped the children understand all to do about PANTS!
- In English, we have been exploring play scripts, learning to read play scripts, looking at the differences between play scripts and stories and also looking at the importance of props.
- In maths, the year 3's have been learning more about time. 'Minutes to the hour' and 'telling the digital and analogue time'
-In maths, the year 4's have been exploring line graphs and coordinates!
- As part of our topic, the children went on a walk around Cerne to develop their map skills. The children discovered the different symbols on the map and then had to take a picture of that particular attraction. The children read the maps brilliantly!
- Continuation of 'Around the world in eighty days', following the adventures of Phileas Fogg.
- Golf skills in PE
- On Friday, we held a very successful sponsored run in aid of our school charity 'Heart Response'. Well done to Molly Butler for the initial idea. A very considerate and thoughtful gesture!
Have a great weekend!
A positive, purposeful and enthusiastic atmosphere