Week 8 Book Week :)
Week 8 :)
The children have been fantastic throughout book week and have been very lucky to be involved in so many diverse and wonderful activities. We have been:
- Visited by a local author
- Designed our own front cover based on our favourite book
- Read to other children in the school within our teams
- Participated in 'Stop and Read!'
- Read Robinson Crusoe as a class
- Took part in the 'Super Staff Story Time'
- involved in worships focused around books
- Dressed up on Thursday as a character from their favourite book
- Wrote stories in class
Moreover, we have had our 'Topic Capture' where Mrs Hellyar kindly came in and did a great job of teaching the children about the specific features of a robot and the children had a chance to locate these parts on the robots they brought in. Very exciting experience.
I hope all the children have enjoyed themselves :)
I have included some photos up of this week and previous weeks as well.
This is just a reminder for all children to complete all home learning set to them on time, maintain their reading daily at home and utilise 'Sum dog' as a way of practising their maths.
Lastly, the time is nearing ever closer to the DASP Music concert and the lyrics/piano music is on our class page so please spend some time at the weekend practising for this. I appreciate your hard work and endeavour.
Have a good weekend.
Mr Mitchem :)
A positive, purposeful and enthusiastic atmosphere