September Letter Returning to School
We are really looking forward to welcoming all children back on Thursday September 3rd. The Ducklings and Reception will have their own transition procedures until Friday 11th September and then the following will apply to them as well. I know that Miss Stephens has already been in touch with you about this.
We have risk assessed the school again, under the new guidelines, and your children’s safety and the safety of the staff is, as always, our absolute priority.
We have allocated two spaces in which the children can be kept in their own ‘bubble’. The children will not mix with the other ‘bubble’ and the staff entering the bubbles will be limited to the least number as possible.
The two areas/bubbles will be as follows;
- The current Giant and Duckling Class and the Trendle Class, they will use the girl’s toilets and play in the school playground. The Giants and Ducklings also have their own toilet and we have a new building being built in the Peace Garden which will also have a toilet for them to use. The consistent staff in this bubble will be Miss Stephens, Mrs Tite, Mrs Brown, Mrs Cresswell, Mrs Nottley Mrs Ferguson and Miss Carter.
- The current Abbey Class. They will use the boy’s toilets and their play area will be across the road. The consistent staff in this bubble will be Mr Mitchem and Mrs Parry.
There will be a staggered start to the school day:
PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON THE YELLOW HATCHED LINES FOR ANY REASON – EVEN IF YOU ARE JUST DROPPING OFF.
- The children allocated to the Duckling and Giant Class will arrive at 8.30am. You will line up outside the playground fence and your children will enter school through the playground. PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE AND CAN ONLY ONE PERSON DROP YOUR CHILD OFF. (We have a 2nd bubble arriving at 8.45 am and we will have to ask you to wait until that bubble is admitted.)
- The children in Trendle Class will arrive at 8.45am PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE AND CAN ONLY ONE PERSON DROP YOUR CHILD OFF. You will line up at the red door, using the 2 metre markings on the ground.
- The children in Abbey Class will arrive at 8.45am PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY AS WE HAVE OTHER BUBBLES TO ADMIT AND CAN ONLY ONE PERSON DROP YOUR CHILD OFF. You will line up outside the playground fence and your children will enter school through the main entrance.
There will be a staggered end to the school day:
- The children in the Duckling and Giant Class will be picked at 3.00pm. You will be allowed into the school playground AND YOU MUST STAND ON ONE OF THE MARKINGS ON THE PLAYGROUND THAT ALLOW FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING. ANY YOUNGER SIBLINGS MUST STAY WITH YOU AND ABSOLUTLEY MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO RUNAROUND AND PLAY ON THE EQUIPMENT. THIS IS TO STOP ANY CROSS CONTAMINATION BECAUSE YOUR CHILDREN PLAY ON THIS DURING THE DAY.
- The children in Abbey Class will be picked up at 3.15pm. You will pick up from the playground across the road. We have created a one-way system whereby you enter the playground from the left hand FIELD gate and then leave with your child across the gate by the bridge. Arrows will direct you. Please stand on the markers on the playground which allow for social distancing.
- The children in Trendle Class will leave at 3.15 pm via the red door You will line up at the red door, using the 2 metre markings on the ground.
If your children are in two different ‘bubbles’ then please wait for the appropriate time for each child’s bubble. Children arriving on the bus will be met by an adult and taken to their appropriate entrance.
Only one parent per child must bring their child to school or pick their child up from school. Parents will not be allowed to enter the school. Your child will sanitise and wash their hands as they arrive in school.
Please can we ask that NO TOYS OR ITEMS other than the child’s packed lunch, drinks bottle, reading books and reading record, sun hat (if needed) and coat to be brought to school. Items can be carried in one bag which the children will keep on their pegs.
We will do everything we can to encourage children within a group to remain one metre plus apart, however, from our experience this is impossible with the age of children we are working with and the government now say that social distancing does not have to be maintained between children in schools. WE THEREFORE CANNOT GUARANTEE SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL BE MAINTAINED ONCE IN SCHOOL.
The equipment the children will use will be divided between the classes and all unnecessary items in the rooms will be removed and stored elsewhere in the school.
Your child will be allocated their own pencil, rubber, coloured pencils etc. and they will not share these with the other children. PLEASE COULD YOU PROOVIDE A PACK OF PENS FOR YOUR CHILD.
All desks will be set up in rows facing the front of the class.
The children need to wear school uniform. They do not need to be cleaned any more often than usual, nor do they need to be cleaned using methods which are different from normal.
Specialist French and PE teaching will continue.
Read, Write Inc. groups will continue.
Teachers will make your children’s well-being a priority and weekly circle times will be timetabled as well as our two ELSA trained members of staff being on hand every day.
We realise what there will be gaps in your child’s learning and we plan to address this as soon as possible. When these gaps have been identified we will inform you of our plan to recover these.
Children will eat their lunched in their classrooms. If entitled they will receive a free pack lunch this will be provided. If not please could you provide one. Children entitled to FSM will be offered a pack lunch option – please let us know if you require this as we need 7 days’ notice to order one.
No child or adult can enter our school if they have symptoms.
If your child is taken ill during the day they will be isolated and you will be contacted to pick them up IMMEDIATELY. If a child or an adult tests positive for COVID-19, then the whole group that the child was in will be sent home and must self-isolate for 14 days.
The school will work with Public Health England if notified of any COVID-19 cases.
Children will be regularly washing their hands during the day.
Now that the circumstances have changed it is vital that ALL children attend school. If you have any concerns about your child’s return, please do speak to Mrs. Cresswell. We will continue with our attendance procedures and should your child’s attendance drop below 96% we will be in touch.
We are currently re-writing our Behaviour policy and we will share it with you when completed but spitting and biting will NOT be tolerated.
Before and After School Clubs
The government advice is to avoid contact between groups and individuals as much as possible and we have therefore taken the decision that until at least October Half Term we will not run our before and after school clubs. We will reassess the situation then and make a decision going forward from October. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but you will understand it is to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Contingency Plans for outbreaks
In the event of a local outbreak, the LA or PHE health protection may advise us to temporarily close to help control transmission. We will then continue remote education.
We will also engage with the NHS Test and Trace process should this be necessary.
Please could you make sure that you use the social stories sent to you by your child’s new class teacher to help your children feel more confident about returning to school.
Thank you once again for your support with this. Please do contact us if you any concerns.
Have a lovely summer holiday and see you all in September.
A positive, purposeful and enthusiastic atmosphere